Holy Moly! It's been half a year since the last post? Man. I need to get back into this gambit.
Well. Here's a quickie test. It's basically another Itano Circus. But it's done in a bit more unusual way.
I first filmed the background, using my GH4 in 1080p 2 fps video mode. – (In variable framerate mode it actually only records in the framerate that you set it to. It saves it as a standard 24 fps file for playback but the framerate difference can make either super-speedy footage (if recorded with framerate slower than the playback) or slow motion (if recorded with a faster framerate than the playback). And that works great for my experiment as I want it suuuper speedy in this case. 2 fps recording makes it 12 times faster. Playing that back at 8fps makes it… uhhh… ok, I don't know, but it looked like I wanted it to at least!)
Then I took it into after effects.
Time-reversed it (I walked forward during filming to be able to get footage that was traveling backwards without risking tripping over stuff in my messy apartment).
Then. I exported that as a png-sequence (I found a great youtube channel btw that mentions importing video into flash as png-sequences)
And then using that as the background, I drew the whole circus thingy in flash in 8 fps… sorry, Adobe Animate.
Then I exported it (the animation layers, that is) as a png sequence again and…
imported it to After Effects, layered it back on top of the original footage interpreted as 8 fps and finally exported it.
Kind of worked out better than expected in my opinion. I may be using this method more in ongoing projects… because I still suck at drawing backgrounds… 🙂