Yes! You read that correctly.
In an effort of continuing the streak I’ve been having with streaming. (well. I’ve done them at least. I have yet to gain followers.) In that attempt I will now revive the old idea of making a feature length movie using random chance as my sole guide.
The deck of 85 cards I started out with is still present and it’s been complemented with another one with 60 cards.
So, The rules I’m setting out for myself (subject of change if need be):
- The work will be live-streamed to anyone who cares to look in. (viewable on twitch.tv/jmalmsten_com )
- Choosing of the timecode to work on will be done with two decks of cards each streaming session:
– Deck of 85 cards will select the minute
– Deck of 60 cards will select the second
Once drawn the minute card (from the deck of 85) will not be returned to the deck until the project is done!
Before drawing the seconds card, the timeline will be checked to see that there are no animation already done inside the minute. If it is, then the corresponding cards for those seconds will be set aside until next full draw.
– It is then up to me as a creator to come up with what will happen during this particular point in the narrative and draw frames accordingly. This can be more than a minute worth’s of content but beware of point 3 below.
– The method of animation is all up to the animator at the moment. Again. Beware point 3.
- A new timecode to work on will only be drawn from the piles when the last timecode is fully finished. Once finished it will not be adjusted in any way until project is finished in full. This includes all visuals. Soundwork may be done according to point 4
- The soundwork for each timecode can extend to outside the animation. But once finished, it too should not be touched.
- The project will be created in 2K DCI Cinemascope resolution (2048×854) 24 fps and 5.1 surround sound. The finished timecodes will be uploaded to youtube in full HD Cinemascope (1920×800) 2.0 dolby stereo downmix.
- THERE IS NO RULE SIX!
- The Finished 4K form will be in two versions. Timeline Corrected where the narrative flows as on the timeline of the NLE. And a second one will be created that keeps the randomised shot-order mainly for fun of the viewer.
- Two playlist will be maintained on youtube ( youtube.com/jmalmsten ), the timeline-accurate order and the randomised chronological uploaded order. Gaps in the timeline will have placeholder footage.
- Once project is over. A remix of the audio with voice-acting and music will probably ensue before the final directors cut will be released alongside the other two versions.
- I’ll probably add something or subtract… we’ll see how things goes. This is a project mainly for fun anyways… (nervous laughter).